The following are Bodley Studio’s guidelines that will remain in effect until further notice. Please know that these guidelines are in place to ensure the safety and well-being of our visitors/students and staff.
STUDIO RULES AND REGULATIONS:
- In order to maintain social distancing, we have reduced our capacity to 6 students and 1 instructor per class (unless private group already in bubble)
- Masks will be required for children and adults indoors until seated and encouraged outdoors.
- No aprons will be provided at this time. Please wear clothing that is appropriate for the activity you have booked on to, or bring your own apron.
- All students will be provided with hand sanitizer or a disinfectant wipe upon entering the studio and encouraged to wash their hands frequently throughout class.
- Social distancing measures will be in place. Each individual will have their own table and tables will be spaced allowing for distancing. We have installed protective screens, so individuals will not be facing each other without a screen between them.
- Each individual will have their own supplies for each project. Any additional studio supplies will be disinfected prior to each class.
- If you or your child is feeling unwell or has any Covid-19 symptoms, please do not send them to/attend sessions. We will discuss arrangements for a make-up class if necessary, either in-studio or online, vouchers or craft packs.
- All commonly used surfaces such as door handles, tables and chairs, will be disinfected before each session.
- We will only be offering hot drinks in disposable cups and following strict hygiene procedures. If you would prefer, please feel free to bring your own.
- Our instructors will keep a safe distance from participants at all times and wear face masks/shield where necessary.
PICK-UP AND DROP-OFF:
- The studio door will be open at the beginning and end of each class. We ask parents to maintain social distancing procedures/wear masks and wait outside of the studio for a member of staff to escort each student in and out during this time.
Please respect our staff and other visitors by abiding by our guidelines. These are to keep everyone safe. We appreciate that events at Bodley Studio will feel a little bit different at the moment, but we will do all we can to make sure your visit is as relaxed and enjoyable as possible.
My art teacher told me I was no good at art. I hadn't painted, drawn or even sketched in over 40 years. I was doubtful about coming to the "Introduction to Acrylics" workshop but you made me feel at ease the moment I walked in. Your laid back yet helpful approach and endless patience with me resulted in such a rewarding experience. I am thrilled with my painting, I wish I lived nearer as would come regularly. You have made me start painting again. Sam, I can't thank you enough. Val, Wincanton.
Great space, delicious cake, amazing teacher, fabulous choice. You give the people who visit you the freedom to create. Worth every penny. Steph, Taunton.
How to describe our bespoke family art session? Fun, Fulfilling, Fabulous! You certainly had your work cut out with us! My granddaughter has asked to come back for her 6th birthday and I would like to come back for my 73rd! You matched the project perfectly to our varied capabilities and were so encouraging and humorous throughout. We laughed, we painted, we let go! Peter, Taunton.
Absolutely loved my sessions with you. You have an amazing space up there, the views are beautiful and your ideas just seem endless. I thoroughly enjoyed the mixed media. It was completely different to anything I had tried before, but really enjoyed the way you ran the course. Each week had something different and new to learn and you never made us feel we weren't anything other than true artists. I will be back for the next one! Rosemary T, Wellington.
I can't believe I have lived in Wellington for 9 years and not heard of you. You will be seeing a lot more of us! So glad I found you. My 2 girls love your art sessions and have improved so much in ability and in their confidence since coming to you. I really enjoyed your Watercolours session and will be back for the Pastels! Juliet B, Wellington
Thank you for the scholarship tuition you gave. My partner and I were blown away by the quality and variety of artwork our two children came back with. Both so different and totally matched their personalities. You are a true inspiration. They were both awarded scholarships and their portfolio's were highly commented on - thank you. (years 7 and 9 scholarships!) Max and Ella, Taunton.
Thank you for your 1:1 scholarship tuition. Our son is over the moon with his portfolio. We would never have gained the scholarship if it wasn't for your guidance, patience and endless encouragement. Thank you!
Due to unfortunate circumstances, my daughter couldn't take Art GCSE. However as a past-pupil of Sam's (Junior Art Sessions and then Teenage Mixed Media) we booked some 1:1 sessions over several months. Sam worked with her to complete all the exam board requirements. These sessions were not only fun, but really helped my daughter in so many ways - and she gained a 7 (A) in her GCSE exam. A-mazing, thank you Sam! I will HIGHLY recommend you to anyone!
So glad I have found your adult sessions which are a total release for me. I always think I will do art, but rarely give myself time. Your evening sessions are perfect. Relaxed and inspirational, you are a gem Sam xx Sue, Taunton
Before we came to your studio, my daughter only drew/painted in black and white. She had low self-esteem and no self confidence. Your art journaling sessions have transformed her. We now have colour! She is happier, more confident and managing her anxiety so much better. The way you taught her to express her feelings through art is miraculous. Your kindness and empathy are humbling. I can't thank you enough. Julie, Hemyock.