The following are Bodley Studio’s guidelines that will remain in effect until further notice. Please know that these guidelines are in place to ensure the safety and well-being of our visitors/students and staff.
STUDIO RULES AND REGULATIONS:
- In order to maintain social distancing, we have reduced our capacity to 6 students and 1 instructor per class (unless private group already in bubble)
- Masks will be required for children and adults indoors until seated and encouraged outdoors.
- No aprons will be provided at this time. Please wear clothing that is appropriate for the activity you have booked on to, or bring your own apron.
- All students will be provided with hand sanitizer or a disinfectant wipe upon entering the studio and encouraged to wash their hands frequently throughout class.
- Social distancing measures will be in place. Each individual will have their own table and tables will be spaced allowing for distancing. We have installed protective screens, so individuals will not be facing each other without a screen between them.
- Each individual will have their own supplies for each project. Any additional studio supplies will be disinfected prior to each class.
- If you or your child is feeling unwell or has any Covid-19 symptoms, please do not send them to/attend sessions. We will discuss arrangements for a make-up class if necessary, either in-studio or online, vouchers or craft packs.
- All commonly used surfaces such as door handles, tables and chairs, will be disinfected before each session.
- We will only be offering hot drinks in disposable cups and following strict hygiene procedures. If you would prefer, please feel free to bring your own.
- Our instructors will keep a safe distance from participants at all times and wear face masks/shield where necessary.
PICK-UP AND DROP-OFF:
- The studio door will be open at the beginning and end of each class. We ask parents to maintain social distancing procedures/wear masks and wait outside of the studio for a member of staff to escort each student in and out during this time.
Please respect our staff and other visitors by abiding by our guidelines. These are to keep everyone safe. We appreciate that events at Bodley Studio will feel a little bit different at the moment, but we will do all we can to make sure your visit is as relaxed and enjoyable as possible.
It just shows - you are never too old for craft. You made us all very welcome. Fantastic studio, great views and I love the cushion I made. I think we all far exceeded our expectations of what was possible, and couldn't have done so without your ideas and creativity. Many thanks - cant wait until we have another excuse to come back! Mrs L, Wellington
Thank you so much for a wonderful workshop on Saturday morning. I am so pleased with my bunting, and cant wait to display my Christmas decorations. Cant wait for the next one! Mrs D, Taunton
I wanted to let you know how much we enjoyed your sewing machine workshop. It was lovely to spend time with my daughter doing girlie things, and we are so proud of our apron! You did so well with everyone - you have endless patience, and lovely ideas. It was a great morning, and lots of fun! Let us know when you have another! Mrs B, Tiverton
For the third year running I have enjoyed your Christmas wreath making. Your workshops are so relaxing and fun, not to mention cheaper than any others in the area! Your materials are great quality and you always put the group at ease with your calm nature. It is a lovely start to the festive season to come to Bodley Studio. I look forward to returning next year. Ed, Bridgwater
Thank you for making our office party one to remember. We left your studio simply buzzing! You made us very welcome and nothing was too much trouble. Even the less 'crafty' enjoyed it and said how therapeutic it was to relax and create - thank you! Taunton Branch
We found Bodley Craft on Google and booked 3 sessions with Sam for my son to prepare for his art scholarship. Sam was amazing! Her never ending encouragement and enthusiasm was inspiring. My son has a new energy for art since the sessions. We can't thank you enough... oh, and he got the scholarship! Thank you! xxx Mrs H-J, Taunton.
My daughter attended both the Junior and now Teenager art courses.She has loved your relaxed and calm approach to art. Her art has hugely improved. Your encouragement has taught us that it is not all about the end result but about the creative process - and the enjoyment gained from that process. You are an inspiration Sam, we love you! Mrs N, Illminster.
Before my child attended Sam's art session she only drew in black and white. After one session with Sam I noticed a difference in her. Sam allowed her the space to be her, without judging or pressure, Sam allowed her to create how she chose and through this freedom came colour! Hooray, Sam you are a true gem. so glad we found you! S. D, Wellington
I was told at school I would never be an artist and to basically stop wasting time trying. 30 years later I found Bodley Studio. Wow! Sam made me realise that "art is a personal journey, a chance for expression not perfection, for play not work". I can't believe I allowed one person all those years ago to restrict my creativity. The adult sessions have transformed my life and made it possible for me to enjoy art again - no matter what the outcome. Sam, you are a shining light in the dark xx M G, Hemyock.
My home educated children love Bodley Studio. The Life Skills workshops are so useful. They have learnt so much from how to sew on buttons, fix clothing, knitting, sewing, learnt about nature, recycling and more! They now teach me! As soon as they leave Bodley they are asking when they can go back! R Mann, Tiverton.